Danfoss is an industrial leader in smart hydronic balancing and heating systems.
Danfoss components and solutions empower the world to optimize its resource usage.
Danfoss knows that good tolerance analysis and optimizations are key for a robust product development process.
The team was looking for a tolerance analysis software that would empower them to find for every tolerance analysis an optimal balance between cost and product efficiency.
FROM TRIAL AND ERROR TO THE BEST SOLUTION
Danfoss Trata wanted a GD&T variation analysis software taking into account the geometrical variations neglected with Excel analysis.
The team soon came across one of the 3D tolerancing software. It had the benefit of being CAD integrated, but soon appeared to be the wrong choice.
It was so complex and time consuming to use that within a few weeks, the team came back to relying on the same old Excel 1D stack analysis.
Left with an unsolved need, Danfoss R&D team heard of Enventive Concept. It offered an interesting compromize:
- more powerful than 1D Excel stacks
- far less complex than a 3D variation analysis software
POWERFUL AND USER FRIENDLY
Danfoss team discovers that Enventive Concept :
- is very powerful to solve the most challenging geometric variations.
- offers the most comprehensive user friendly interface
In all software, basic features always work. But when you have more demanding needs it all stops.
Here the team challenged Danfoss to push Enventive Concept to the limits with most challenging problems Danfoss had”
For Danfoss, it’s crucial to rely on functional models for:
- combining multiple stacks to optimize all of them in one single analysis
- showing in real time visual impact of the contributors
- offering a fast and reliable calculation of the GD&T dispersions
All this is made possible with Enventive Concept and in the end, Danfos can now develop reliable and cost efficient products faster for better responses to customers requirements.
Since the extended team got trained locally, the promising results opens the perspective of using rolling out the software to other R&D Danfoss teams around the globe. No doubt that reliably predicting and optimizing assembly variations will be beneficial to them.
– put optimised tolerances for the same quality level
– cut time lost in testing tolerance variability on the complete products range”
Further reading on our tolerance analysis software
Back to Enventive Concept
Check our last Enventive Concept news